Here you will be able to find Maple's headshots, book covers, bios and other press kit information.
To download/save images, click on the photo to the hi-res JPG, then control-click on the image on Mac,
or right-click on PC. You will see the option to Save Image. Please attribute proper credit to images.
BIOGRAPHY (Short Version)
Maple Lam is the author and illustrator of DIM SUM, HERE WE COME, MY LITTLE SISTER AND ME, and WHERE ARE THE TREASURES (Chinese). Her debut graphic novel series, MONKEY KING AND THE WORLD OF MYTHS, will come out April, 2024. She is the illustrator of SHAKE MY SILLIES OUT (written by Raffi), WHAT CAN WE DO WITH A TOOLBOX (written by Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri), FRENEMIES IN THE FAMILY (written by Kathleen Krull), and TWO GIRLS WANT A PUPPY (written by Ryan and Evie Cordell).
Maple was born in Hong Kong and immigrated to Greater Los Angeles at age 11. She studied Studio Arts at University of California, Irvine and took night classes at Art Center College of Design. After working as a designer and art director at an event design firm for seven years, she transitioned to become a full time author-illustrator.
Maple currently live in sunny and beautiful Greater Los Angeles, USA. You can find out more about Maple at www.MapleLam.com, on Instagram @maplelam, or on Substack, www.maplelam.substack.com, where she shares everything she loves about comics and graphic novels.
• 2018 SCBWI Bologna Showcase Finalist
• 2018 Junior Library Guild Selections: FRENEMIES IN THE FAMILY
• 2017 CCBC Choices Award: MY LITTLE SISTER AND ME
• 2016 SCBWI Bologna Showcase Shortlist
• 2014 SCBWI Bologna Showcase Shortlist
• 2012 SCBWI National Conference Illustration Portfolio Mentorship Award
• 2012 SCBWI Artspot Featured Artist
• 2023 Mochi Magazine: On DIM SUM, HERE WE COME! - Link
• 2021 Voyage LA interview: Life & Work with Maple Lam - Link
• 2021 ShoutOut LA interview: Meet Maple Lam: Author and Illustrator - Link
• 2021 Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators, Spring: Cover Artist Chat: Link
• 2019 The California Reader Vol.52, No.2: In Her Own Words - Link
• 2017 San Marino Tribune: Meet SMHS Grad and Children's Book Author-Illustrator Maple Lam - Link
• 2015 DebbieOhi.com: Three Questions for Maple Lam - Link
• 2014 KidLit411 interview: Illustrator Spotlight Maple Lam - Link